Neutral Ground is accepting applications for:
Interim Administrative Director
Apply by September 1, 2021 (DEADLINE EXTENDED)
About Neutral Ground
Neutral Ground is a not-for-profit charitable artist-run-centre that presents contemporary visual and media art. Since 1982, Neutral Ground has supported experimental practices by connecting audiences to the work of emerging and mid-career artists. Located in downtown Regina/Treaty 4 Territory with the aim of serving the needs of its constituent arts community, Neutral Ground’s primary mission is to provide a professional venue for exhibition and presentations. Neutral Ground is committed to equitable hiring practices that reflect our diverse communities.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Interim Administrative Director, in collaboration with the Programming Director, work within a non-hierarchical framework to manage all aspects of the gallery’s daily operations in order to engage the public in meaningful experiences with contemporary art. The Interim Administrative Director will work a total of 35 hours a week. Four days a week at the gallery from 11 am – 6 pm (totalling 28 hours). The remaining 7 hours/week will be worked flexibly to fulfill job duties including exhibition/event installation and receptions; board meetings; fulfilling grant deadlines, and other duties assigned.
Financial & Funding Oversight
- In collaboration with the Programming Director, and in close communication with the Board of Directors, developing grant applications and reports to funders;
- In collaboration with the Fundraising Committee, write and apply for sponsorship and funding from corporate, individual, and foundational sources.
- Tracking and updating statistical records in line with expectations of funding agencies, sponsors and partners;
- Maintaining organizational charitable status, including but not limited to, documents management and Provincial and Federal charitable return submissions;
- Drafting, monitoring, and updating budgets; working with the bookkeeper, treasurer, and accountant to maintain best financial practices, file management, accounts payable/receivable, along with the preparation of year-end materials for annual financial reviews;
- Presenting monthly bookkeeping reports to the Board of Directors, and prepare financial reports to the board and funders;
- Observing Neutral Ground’s Financial Policy, including co-signatory requirements.
- Maintains the gallery membership
- Organizing fundraising activities in collaboration with the Programming Director and the Board of Directors;
- In collaboration with the Fundraising Committee, manages the development and execution of strategic fundraising and stewardship initiatives such as fundraisers, partnerships, membership and donation drives.
- Managing facility upkeep including shipping/receiving, ordering supplies, maintaining equipment;
- Ensuring the safety and security of the building including all legal aspects relating to insurance, equipment, and upkeep.
- Liaising with the landlord for maintenance issues and working with the Board to manage and maintain the facility.
- Supporting and assisting with installation and deinstallation of Neutral Ground programs and exhibitions.
- Maintaining regular office and gallery hours;
- Fostering interactions with gallery visitors;
- Staffing Neutral Ground events and programs;
- Hiring and managing contractual staff;
- Assisting with the duties of the Programming Director, where necessary, including covering absences.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with fellow Staff, Volunteers, and Board Members;
- Office management and administration skills, reliability and discretion;
- Post-Secondary Education in the arts, administration, or equivalent experience;
- An interest in the arts and art’s community;
- Budgeting and financial management skills;
- Knowledge and respect for diverse points of view and the ability to facilitate productive exchange;
- Abilities to use and learn web-based applications such as Adobe suite, Google Workspace website updating, and social media management.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
Compensation: $ 2,917/ monthly, gross.
Term: 6-month contract
Please submit the following by email with the subject line “Interim Administrative Director” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
One page Cover Letter expressing your interest, experience, and capacity to meet the listed job duties;
CV (maximum 3 pages);
The names and contact information for three references who can speak directly to the required job competencies.
Candidates with disabilities will receive accommodation throughout the hiring process upon request.
Neutral Ground is located in the F.W. Hill Mall on Scarth Street. Neutral Ground offers two exhibition spaces: Main Gallery and Window Gallery. The Window Gallery is visible to the public from Scarth Street.