Gallery Assistant: Seasonal Part-time
Term: June 2 – August 30, 2021; 20 hours per week
Apply: Cover Letter & Resume by May 19, 2021 to email@example.com
This job is partially funded by Canada Summer Jobs (must be under 30 years old and legally able to work in Canada)
Neutral Ground Artist-Run Centre is seeking a summer Gallery Assistant! Neutral Ground presents contemporary visual and media art. Located on Treaty 4 Territory/Regina, we connect audiences to the work of emerging and mid-career artists primarily from Saskatchewan and Canada.
The Gallery Assistant has the opportunity to design or curate an exhibition in the window gallery for a period of up to 4 weeks over the summer with mentorship support from the Programming Director. Neutral Ground’s Window Gallery is a storefront exhibition space, visible 24/7 from a busy pedestrian-only street in downtown Regina. The gallery is highly visible from both an interior pedestrian walkway, and from the exterior Scarth Street pedestrian mall.
Neutral Ground is an equitable workplace that promotes a respectful and professional working environment for all employees, volunteers, and artists. We do not discriminate based on social or cultural backgrounds, education, or educational status, nor discriminate against race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, or disability.
- Make updates and posts to the gallery’s social media accounts.
- Provide administrative support by answering the phone and maintaining a cleanly and organized work environment.
- Provide programming support by assisting with the delivery of summer programs and workshops, including installation of summer gallery exhibitions.
- Update the website, with current and future events, exhibitions, and other information. Update the website with digital archival materials from the 1980s through the 2010’s.
- Time permitting, archival support including digitizing and organizing archival materials.
- General maintenance of the gallery space.
- Warm, welcoming atmosphere in the gallery.
- Working towards or recently completed a degree within Fine Arts
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly
- Interest or experience producing social media content (both written and visual)
- Strong oral and written skills, attention to detail and ability to multitask between projects.
- Interest or experience with Web content management systems (i.e. WordPress)